What is Loving-Kindness Meditation?
Loving-kindness meditation is a method of growing compassion. It is a tradition of a Buddhist, and it is getting used by everyone, regardless of religion. Loving-kindness meditation is about cultivating love. This is a meditation of sympathy, compassion, and friendship. It is a feeling of sincerity for oneself and others. The practice is the relaxing of the mind and heart, an opening to deeper levels of the feeling of kindness, of pure love. Loving-kindness is not a sentimental feeling of goodwill, not an obligation. It does not depend on relationships, on how the other person feels about us. It is about relaxing one’s mind, breaking down barriers that we feel concerning ourselves, and then those that we feel toward others.
The practice of loving-kindness or goodwill meditation is an excellent tool for breaking negativities as well as restoring humanity and kindness when your mind feels like a battlefield. The benefit is that you re-train your mind to let go of stress far more easily when the mind is more calm and happy and come up with mutually beneficial solutions to challenges you may be facing. The significance of the practice of goodwill meditation is simply that it can train our emotions and develop the mind of being wiser and responsible for our actions.
To do Loving–Kindness or Goodwill Meditation, you can try these simple practices:
- Position yourself in a quiet and peaceful place to meditate. Be fully aware of your body and your surroundings
- Relax each muscle as you bring awareness to it
- Focus your awareness within your heart, feel and acknowledge what emotions are present, smile, and see what happens.
- Pay attention to your thoughts. Are they worrisome? Stressful serious? Are you depressed? Happy? Your thoughts can give you a hint of how you are really feeling.
- Just remember that whatever emotions you are feeling (good, bad, or even neutral) is perfectly fine. You can work with those emotions, and you can only start from where you are in the present.
- Be patient always as you try to find out how you are feeling deep inside.
- Just think more about relaxing into an awareness of what is already there.
- Quietly bring yourself back to the outside world
Buddhists believe that those who nurture benevolence will be at ease. Buddhist teachers recommend meditation on goodwill as a remedy to insomnia and nightmares. It is normally felt with people who are full of compassion and will likely feel more comfortable and happy too. Cultivating compassion contributes to a world of love, peace, and happiness.
Meditation on benevolence is considered a virtuous way to calm down a distressed mind and an antidote to anger. Someone who has fostered goodwill will not be easily infuriated and can quickly suppress the anger that arises into being more caring, more loving, and more likely to love unconditionally to one’s self and to others.
Relax and listen to our Soul Energy Meditation And Endorphin Release with Theta Binaural Beats video for a more effective and relaxing mood.
We recommend our partner SleepPhones, as the highest quality and most comfortable headphones to use while sleeping and listening to our music. Wired and Wireless options are available:
Get $5 off when you use the special “BPM5” Discount Code